Friday, February 20, 2009

I am grateful!


So my dad was sent to the ICU today with blood clots in his lung. A shocker to me and my family. I don't always handle bad news well, when I was finally reached at school. I was amazed at my new school family, before I could even fully react, they had arranged to cover my afternoon classes, got my lesson information, packed me up, and found someone to drive me home(I was in no shape). I am so grateful to have a second family like this. As of tonight we know my dad is awake and talking and getting medicine--and we'll know more in the morning. My brothers and sister are helping my mom and keeping me informed and distracted(Thanks Karen for making me think about LOST for a little while this afternoon.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm so sorry, please know I'm keeping him in my prayers.

When a Picture Just Isn't Enough said...

Oh, Amy! I am so sorry, and I will be praying!

MJW said...

I'll keep you in my prayers! Sorry to hear this news but glad he's doing ok. :)