Monday, February 2, 2009

Help a Friend

Through the wonders of Facebook, I have found one of my best high school friends,Jennifer, that I had lost track of in life. In catching up on life she told me she was diagnosed in 2005 with MS and is doing a walk event to raise money for research. If you would like to donate to her walk, please click here. No amount is too small.
In her own words:
This is my third year participating in Walk MS, and together with my friends and family, we have raised more than $10,000 for this event. That money goes to support the much needed research to find a cure for this devastating disease, and to repair the damage it has caused so that I will no longer wake up with the fear that my limbs will be numb, my vision blurry, or my memory impaired.

With the support of my loved ones, I continue to fight. I was diagnosed in 2005 and felt as if my dreams were out of reach. Now I know that nothing, not even MS, can keep me from my dreams.

I walk because I can. And because I can, I must. Help me to fund hope and find a cure, so that someday I will be able to say, "I used to have MS."

No comments: