Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Eating your fruits and veggies



Who knew that Grand Junction had a produce coop? I didn't until a couple weeks ago. This Saturday we got our first basket from Bountiful Baskets(They have locations in a lot of places, so check 'em out!) We got apples, mangos, bananas, plums, strawberries, blackberries, 3 heads of lettuce, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, and green onions--all for $15! My husband was like how are we going to eat all of this! But that is a good problem to have--especially since I am doing Weight Watchers(almost everything we got is 0 points!!)

So I have made some salads--this Raspberry Walnut dressing is awesome--I throw in some blue cheese crumbles, green apple, and top with walnuts! And I had made some Buffalo Chicken Tenders and homemade Blue cheese Dressing--we just chopped these into a salad with tomatoes and chopped carrots.

And some yogurt parfaits with our berries!

And some smoothies--found this in Fitness Magazine--1 cup of mango, 1 cup of pineapple, 1 cup of yogurt, and 2 cups of ice--YUMM!!

Plus on their facebook pages, people trade recipes for the week's baskets.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Amy,
This.is.amazing. Thanks for sharing, I want to look into this some more for sure. I guess I don't understand the volunteer part. Do you just help divide everything up at the site? Or is there more to it?

Amy said...

@Lindsay I think you just help sort(I haven't volunteered yet). But it is only for an hour so I can't imagine there is more to do unless you are the site sponsor.