Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chicken Tacos



I got this off my friend Melissa's Blog -- Hot Stuff in the Kitchen
Slow Cooker Chili-Chicken Tacos
From marthastewart.com
INGREDIENTS • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs • 4 garlic cloves • 1/2 cup salsa (I used chunky stuff) • 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo • 1 T chili powder • Coarse salt and black pepper • Taco shells
• Cilantro, cheese, sour cream, lime juice (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS 1. In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours). 2. Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings, if desired

We used the Stand and Stuff Shells--love them--they are 3 points for 2, the chicken is approximately 2 points per taco, and then figure the cheese and light sour cream--all together for 2 tacos my dinner was 10 points--not bad for Mexican food!

The chicken came out very moist and flavorful--to my sister it wasn't spicy to us--you could reduce the chili powder and use mild salsa if you are worried.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks! Maybe I will try it soon.. my friend had told me that she makes chicken with a jar of salsa in the crock pot and it turns out so good.. Justin's mom gave me a recipe for chicken puffy tacos that was delish!

WanderingJennie said...

Hi, Amy! I am totally trying this this weekend. It sounds great....your wedding pics are beautiful!