Monday, December 19, 2011

from pinterest to reality {Our 2011 Christmas Card}

I love sending Christmas cards--and I love ours to be a little unique and fun for our family and friends. So this year I wanted to try...
My pinterest inspirations:











the reality google docs plus some basic digi scrapping skills:





Thanks to the work of the fabulous Lynette, a great Christmas kit from the Holiday Templates class I am taking, Google Docs, and Persnickety Prints here is our card.
I used a Google Doc template and edited the colors and facts to fit our family rather than write the year end newsletter this year. Plus I talked to Persnickety Prints who was one of the few companies that did 2 sided cards(and even though I couldn't upload both sides they took my file over email--and didn't even charge me for the second side!). Their pearl cardstock makes our card so pretty and sparkly and I had them in my hands Tuesday night after submitting my design Sunday night.
The picture on the front was from our very recent family pictures--and trying to get a decent shot of our very active toddler was a a riot. But Lynette is a trooper and got some beautiful shots--more to come later. If you live on the Front Range--get in touch with her for any of your photography needs!!
Follow Me on Pinterest





1 comment:

Persnickety Prints said...

GREAT POST! Thanks for including us & trying out PP this year for your cards. Hadn't thought of using Google Doc for a timeline ---> BRILLIANT!