Wednesday, December 7, 2011

from pinterest to reality {a boho bun}

I have never been one to do much with my hair, I have a great stylist and I keep up with my cuts and highlights. And I pretty much blowdry it and wear it down one day and then put it in a bun or a twist for the next day. My biggest leap in hairstyling was to get bangs a couple months ago. So I have been wanting to do something different. And do you ever notice that those messy carefree styles take way more time than they should?
From Pinterest


bellaMUMMA via Pinterest
Reality: yes my bathroom lighting still sucks and this isn't the best picture. I had tried this hairdo yesterday and it didn't quite work--I needed slightly dirtier hair and some more bobby pins--and time without Elle hanging on my legs. It wasn't that hard to do--I tried the backcombing, I just can't seem to make that work for me; so I stuck a small bumpit in and used some bobby pins to make the top poof. Then I rolled the sides and pinned them in and then used my SpinPins to make the bun. I am out of hairspray so I am just hoping I have enough pins stuck in there to make everything stay put.
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: