Tuesday, November 15, 2011

From Pinterest to Reality {A book Based Baby Shower}

What is better than a baby shower? 8 people at my school right now are expecting, I am staying away from the water. A colleague and mine threw a joint shower for 2 of the mamas this week.
From Pinterest:
Mosaic

Sources: decor, invites, cake

Reality:

Mosaic

I can't take all the credit on this! For the invite, I took a jpg of a library card and put it through photoshop to write on it. For the decor, I raided the home depot for paint chips, traced a sippy cup lid ad cut out circles and glued them on a piece of silver ribbon. I bought a 2" punch but it was defective and didn't work so I improvised. I ordered some monogrammed cookies from a local bakery for each of the mommas. And a dear and talented friend made the cake just looking at the picture I sent her!

No comments: