Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mint Filled Brownie Cupcakes


I am in love with this cookbook(if anyone wants to get it for me:)), and these amazing cupcakes will be winging their way to California early next week, for my baby brother who loves York Peppermint Patties. Of course Kevin and I will do a taste test first!

8 ounces of semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped...


...1 stick of butter chopped into pieces...


...melt together in a bowl over a simmering pot of water...


...1 cup of sugar and 3/4 tsp salt...


...1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa(supposed to be sifted but I don't have a sifter)...


...3 eggs...


...12 mini York Peppermint patties...


...after chocolate and butter is melted remove from heat(I actually put it in a new bowl because my bowl was hot and I didn't want chocolate scrambled eggs) whisk in sugar...


...whisk in eggs slowly, 1 at a time...


...whisk in flour and cocoa powder...


...Put 1 heaping TBSP of batter into cup...


...Place the peppermint pattie into batter and lightly push down with your finger...


..cover with 2 TBSP of batter in each cup(I only had enough batter to do 1 TBSP. bake at 350 for 35 minutes, spin halfway through. Cool on rack.

1 comment:

Karen said...

OOOOOhh those look so good... I am sure Mick will not have any left to share so you will have to let me know how they are!