Sunday, July 10, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes













To my beautiful daughter Elle,
A year ago I couldn't wait to hear your cry(it made me cry tears of joy), now I can't wait for your laughter(it makes me smile).
A year ago I couldn't wait to see your face, now I still can't wait to see your face!
A year ago I couldn't wait to cuddle you, now I can't wait for you to settle down to cuddle again!

In the past year, I wondered if I would ever get a full nights sleep again, now I love waking up(in the morning after several hours of sleep) to see what today will bring for us.
In the past year, I wondered if I could be a good mommy, now I try to accept the doubt and make our own way with everything.
In the past year, I have wondered and worried about every milestone, now I try to remember that you are your own person and are doing it your way.

I always knew I wanted to be a mom, I never knew it would be so amazing.
I always knew I wanted a family, I never knew it would be so full of love.
I always knew it would be hard, I never knew how hard.(BUT SO WORTH IT!!)

I love you with all my heart and beyond, Elle Belle!

No comments: