Sunday, September 27, 2009

I did it!



My first sewing project (beyond the appliques)--a set of smocked sundresses for some friends of ours with 2 little girls. I used this Martha Stewart tutorial, which has a small video with parts of the directions. Next time I will measure the length before doing the smocking and everything(the tutorial has it as the last step) but its hard to make a straight hem on a sewed dress I found. Also the straps look a little off to me so that might need to be changed. This is Michael Miller Bubbles fabric, I found it at a local fabric store but I have seen it online and on Etsy, perfect for fall with a little long sleeved shirt or onesie underneath.

2 comments: