Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where has the time gone?

So apparently it has been a month since I have even been on my own blog--wow! Well let's see what has happened in that month
  • we found out Baby Byrd is a girl!! At the same time we found out I have a rather large cyst on one of my ovaries which necessitates me getting more frequent ultrasounds--good because its more opportunities to see Baby Byrd not so good because we just got the bill for the first one and are freaking out about health care costs...
  • Because the only thing that has got a workout in the past 2 months is my credit card (not my expanding body) in buying adorably cute outfits for her and somewhat fashionable maternity clothing for me...
  • Some of which happened on a recent last minute trip to Vegas where I would be able to see my sister which of course involved shopping and some long awaited sunshine(which besides the tip of my nose my body hasn't seen in 4 months).
  • I have been taking classes right and left to try to get up to my masters plus 36 as soon as I can since...
  • we are waiting to hear from the school district what our pay will look like--we have heard pay freeze, pay cuts, furlough days, and got an email the day before spring break informing us that they can no longer pay for our health insurance all of which means significantly less pay in top of maternity leave...
  • ...SO most days I come home, try not to be stressed out about the future, pray that this cyst won't burst or I won't need surgery(miscarriage rate is at least 10% if I do), try to get some reading done, and sleep(which seems to be the only stress reliever that doesn't involve spending money!)
Wow this was a giant vent, I am over the moon excited about Baby Byrd, am loving teaching and feeling so successful with my students, and I have confidence things will work out. I think the cold and the lack of sunshine over the past 4 months has made me a little depressed.

1 comment:

lara said...

i love your blog, amy! you are looking great! i am so excited for you...