Tuesday, October 11, 2011

From Pinterest to Reality {Sketch Scrapbook Page}

I think I need another board for my pins...I love Digital Scrapbooking, almost as much as I love Pinterest!! I am a huge fan of templates, it allows me to focus on my pictures and my journaling. I am not the best photographer, but I love using my pictures to tell a story. I am pretty much self taught--following tutorials here and there. I made a book for Elle last year documenting her first year(I am a little behind this year)... And when I pinned this, I knew I had to try it.

From Pinterest:
Pinned Image

To Reality:

... a page from our mini vacay to Ouray. I downloaded the free action mentioned on the tutorial and read the other tutorials, I still haven't figured out the blending mask(I used a template that had one) and coloring the background of my original picture so it looks like a sketch directly onto the page. But I like the effect. It definitely adds something to a page! It took me about 30 minutes playing with the action and sketch picture and then another 30 minutes using the template to make my page.
Materials: Jenn Lindsay Temp Blends 3 plus 1 template, Ronna Penner's Express Yourself Kit(part of Digi Files)

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: